Being the hub for riders across the globe, Strava is privy to a lot of data, from how far you ride to what power you can maintain when you power up alpine climbs. The social network for athletes can also discern a lot more from this data that you might think.
Strava has pored over massive chunks of raw data and pinpointed the day when people jack in their New Year’s resolution of riding more. That day is today, January 12.
“The analysis of historical Strava data shows that this enthusiasm can be short lived,” Strava said, data which spanned over 31.5 million uploaded activities to the social network.
- Exercising with friends leads to people being 22% more active.
- Joining a club leads to people being 46% more active.
- Set a goal – of those who set a race as a goal in January, 92% were still active 10 months later.
- Train in the morning – people who are likely to exercise in the morning are among the more active people out there.
- Start run or bike commuting – people who commute to work under their own steam are 43% more active at the weekend.
Trying to stay on top of whatever New Year’s resolutions you have is hard enough so try arming yourself with these five handy tips to help ignore the temptation of that post-work Friday booze up.